Location: Portland, Oregon
- Model Year: 1969
- Body Style: Two Door
- Engine: L Series Z22
- Transmission: 5 Speed
- City/Area: Portland
- Contact Name: Jack D.
- Phone: 503-320-4344
- Email: [email protected]
More Details & Pictures
Update: 12/20/2018 – Note from Seller | I’m in the Holiday Spirit and would like to lower the asking price on my 510 race car from $27,000 to $21,500 US for everything.
Any combination of the car and less of the full package of Trailer and spares is negotiable.
Track Proven, Experienced 1969 Datsun 510 Race Car – For Sale
Serial Number PL510-066185
In its current life this Datsun 510 has been consistently racing since 1990 in ICSCC Championship racing. It has a reputation of being consistently competitive in any class it runs.
It has achieved 3 championships: 1994 G Production, 2001 Radial Sedan and 2013 F Improved Production Championships. It also holds track records at Portland International Raceway, Pacific Raceways, Spokane County Raceway and Oregon Raceway Park.
The car was purchased in 1989 as a primered tub with roll cage and many boxes of parts. The owner Mike Seymour was going to rebuild it, but he got a job as Dorsey Schrader’s Trans Am Crew chief and had to abandon the project and move to his new job. His father, Tony sold it to me and the building from scratch began. It has not been tubed. It remains as an original tub car built in the style of the original Trans AM 2.5 types.
Prior to that the car was run as a GT3 car and run in enduros as early as 1981. I have not been able to find out who the previous owner was, but I’m still researching.
The building and continual upgrading of this car has been designed and engineered by Dan Hart of Circle H Enterprises. There are very few people on the planet with Dan’s expertise with Datsun/Nissan products.
Ed Hayes of Hayes Race Cars contributed to the chassis and suspension design and fabrication. Engine machining and cylinder head work by Somers Racing Engines.
This is a great Vintage or Club race car. This car is ready to race…suit up!
Current build features:
- Fresh 2017 build L series Z22 engine with JE Forged Pistons, and fully flowed 219 (extremely rare!) head with oversize valves.
- Datsun Comp tube headers
- Recent rebuilt exhaust system with MagnaFlow muffler
- Aluminum Flywheel
- 7 quart Nissan Comp Oil Pan
- 45mm Delorto DHLA carbs with 42MM chokes, comp needle and seat, turbo emulsion tubes and spare brass
- ITG Air filter (provides best flow for velocity stacks)
- Howe Aluminum Modified Racing Radiator
- Remote Oberg 60 Micron Oil filter
- Setrab Oil Cooler
- Strut Brace
- Fiberglass flared front fenders
- Fiberglass rear flares
- 1-1/16” Front Anti-roll bar and ¾” Rear Anti-roll bar
- Custom Front Struts with 200SX spindles and B-210 spring purches (for fitting a wider variety of spring rate options)
- Design Products Bump Steer Knuckle Risers
- Steering Box Brace
- ’85 200SX Brake calipers (Front and rear) with Porterfield R4 Carbon Kevlar pads. Vented rotors on front
- Steel Braded Brake Lines all around
- 240Z 5 speed Transmission (plus spare)
- Custom fabricated, fully weatherproof Instrument cluster and Electronic Ignition
- Removable steering wheel
- Auto Meter 5” electronic Tach
- Butler Built Full containment seat
- Extra Drivers side Intrusion Bar
- 3 nozzle Halon Fire Extinguisher system (Engine compartment, Fuel Cell compartment and Interior)
- Radio Harness and Antenna installed and Push to talk button on Steering Wheel
- Radio box – 4 P100 Motorola radios with Multiple charger
- R180 3.90 rear end gears Plus R160 4.11 set for ORP and Mission Tracks
- Tokico Illumina 5 way Adjustable Shocks (front and rear)
- 2 sets Konig Rewind Wheels 14”x7’- 4 on 4.5” centers- 1 set Gold & 1 set Graphite color
- 1 set Reiken 14”x7” – 4 on 4.5: centers black mesh wheels
- 12 Gal Fuel Safe brand Fuel Cell
- 5 Gal Fuel Jugs (3)
- All pit boxes with support equipment to make this fully “turn-key”
- 7’x16’ Flatbed Tandem Axle Trailer with spare, electric brakes, electric tongue Jack and electric 3000lb winch.
Also included are the following spare parts:
- Stock closed chamber SSS cylinder Head
- Nissan Comp Small Crankshaft Pulley
- Stock ’85 200SX front Struts (Left & Right)
- Front Lower control arms (2)
- Design Products TC Rod Kit (2)
- Shortened Front Struts with B-210 spring purches(1 left and 1 Right)
- R160 4:11 Rear-ends (2)
- R160 3:90 Rear-ends (3)
- Stock profile metal fenders (3 (1 Driver side 2 Pass side))
- Stock Passenger side door
- Air Dams (3 (2 with air ducts and 1 virgin spook))
- Front Valance (2)
- Front X-member with relocated pivot to correct geometry for lowered cars.
- Rear Axle Shaft (4)
- Tail Light assembly ( 2 sets)
- Headlight eyebrow (2 Driver side and Pass side)
- Moroso Remote Oil Filter
- Auto Meter 5” Electronic Tach
- Rear side window frames (2 Driver side and Pass side)
- Crow 5 Point Safety Harness (3 sets Black: 2001, 2007 and 2010. like new, but out of date according to ICSCC)
- Carter Fuel Pump (3)
- 14” Derale Radiator Cooling Fan
- Glass Windshield
See in car race videos and more at the owners YouTube Chanel by CLICKING HERE